Fed to hike 25bp should conditions allow
While the most prudent course of action may be to pause and digest the fallout from regional banking woes, the Federal Reserve is focused on inflation and will look to hike 25bp if conditions allow. With both higher borrowing costs and reduced access to credit set to weigh on growth and inflation, we continue to expect rate cuts in the second half of this year. Banking stresses are a de facto tightening It has been a remarkable few days in financial markets. As recently as 7 March, Fed Chair Jerome Powell opened the door to a 50bp rate hike, citing concerns that “unacceptably high” inflation could last for longer ... (full story)
- Comment #1
- Mar 18, 2023 1:18am Mar 18, 2023 1:18am
- The Fool
- Joined Apr 2009 | Status: Live and learn. | 1422 Comments
- Comment #2
- Mar 18, 2023 2:54am Mar 18, 2023 2:54am
- Joined Sep 2019 | Status: Member | 1077 Comments
- Comment #3
- Mar 18, 2023 12:03pm Mar 18, 2023 12:03pm
- | Joined Jan 2021 | Status: Member | 18 Comments
- Comment #4
- Mar 18, 2023 4:36pm Mar 18, 2023 4:36pm
- | Joined Mar 2021 | Status: realist | 172 Comments
- Comment #5
- Mar 18, 2023 9:55pm Mar 18, 2023 9:55pm
- | Joined Feb 2018 | Status: I Love My Lines Sclaping In Gold.. | 377 Comments
- Comment #6
- Mar 19, 2023 3:36pm Mar 19, 2023 3:36pm
- | IP XXXX:8b1a:257e
- Older Stories
Markets this year are roiling, uncertainty abounds and the U.S. government has had to step in to rescue two large American banks in recent days. So why is bitcoin, considered ...
Monetary policy, ever difficult to conduct, became even more difficult over the last week as one of the most difficult processes in banking came to fruition for one bank and ...
US short-term inflation expectations fell in early March to the lowest level in nearly two years and long-run views also eased, but consumer sentiment still fell due to ...
- Newer Stories
A merger of UBS Group AG with Credit Suisse Group AG is “plan A” for Swiss regulators seeking to shore up confidence in the nation’s banking system, the Financial Times reported. ...
US regulators are considering retaining securities owned by Signature Bank and Silicon Valley Bank that sank in value as interest rates rose, eliminating one obstacle to a ...
Bitcoin has been on a steep uptrend this week, leading the recovery in the cryptocurrency markets as the possibility of the US banking crisis becoming a global problem is priced ...